Thu, Dec 02|
Christmas Cards - Watercolor Workshop
2h Watercolor workshop
Time & Location
Dec 02, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the Event
It's almost Christmas time, so let's paint some quick and easy cards for our loved ones! I have prepared three different illustrations to use as references for our workshop, each of them perfect for practicing some basic watercolor techniques.
1. Bubble Christmas tree - You will learn the wet-on-wet technique and get a better feel for mixing the colors.
2. Floral globe - Great exercise for learning the wet-on-dry technique, as well as painting basic leaves with just one brush stroke.
3. Christmassy bird - This final illustration combines both wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques.
I will guide you through the entire painting process so that in the end you will have your own cards, ready to be sent!
During this English workshop, you will learn watercolor techniques and tricks. I will show you how to paint this illustration step-by-step and, in the end, I will answer all questions you have regarding the painting process. Don’t worry: you can use what you learn here to paint other subjects too!
Good to know:
- The workshop level mean for beginners or anyone that want to have a relaxing time painting
- The video recording will be available a few days after the workshop and you will be able to watch it for one month.
- The workshop will be online via Zoom and you will receive access once you book your ticket.
- The workshop will be divided into three parts: introduction (learning about materials and basic techniques) ~ 15min, painting 3 postcards ~ 1.5h, and Q&A ~ 15min.
- Watercolor paper (A5 or similar. 3 sheets)
- Watercolors - I used these colors, but you can use any other colors or color combinations: greens (SAP green and hookers green), blues (cobalt blue, French ultramarine), Cadmium red, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium yellow, Sepia and Payne's grey,
- White gouache
- Watercolor round brush size 6/7/8 and a small round brush for details (size 0/1/2)
-Other: Water container, masking tape, mixing palette, pencil, kneaded eraser, hairdryer, rigid board to tape the paper to (optional),
- Masking fluid
- Drawing compass or a round shape
Price: 20 EUR
The workshop will take place at 6PM Central European Time (Amsterdam, the Netherlands). If you are not in the Central European timezone, you can check this website to make sure you correctly convert the time to your local timezone.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me!
Christmas cards - Workshop€20.00Tax: VAT included