This time we are going to paint a city street during sunset. You are going to learn how to sketch a one-point perspective drawing, paint a loose first layer with light and shadows and in the end add some expressive details.
Join my online workshop and I will guide you through the entire painting process so that in the end you will have your own personal piece of watercolor art, ready to frame!
During this English workshop, you will learn watercolor techniques and tricks. I will show you how to paint this illustration step-by-step and, in the end, I will answer all questions you have regarding the painting process. Don’t worry: you can use what you learn here to paint other subjects too!
Good to know:
- The workshop is meant for beginners/intermediate, so people that already have some basic watercolor knowledge.
- The video recording will be available few days after the workshop and you will be able to watch it for one month.
- The workshop will be online via Zoom and you will receive access once you book your ticket.
- You can find the reference image, as well as some other useful materials here
- The workshop will be divided into three parts: introduction (learning about materials and basic techniques) ~ 15min, sketching and painting the image ~ 1.5h, and Q&A ~ 15min.
- Watercolor paper (A4 or similar), strongly recommend 100% cotton, cold-pressed or rough texture
- Watercolors - I used these colors: Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow, Sepia and Payne's gray. You can use the same colors or something similar.
- White gouache
- Watercolor round brush size 6/7/8, a large one for the first layer (size 10/12/14 - can be round or flat) and a small round brush for details (size 0/1/2)
- Water container
- Masking tape
- Mixing palette
- Kneaded eraser
- Rigid board to tape the paper to (optional)
Price: 30 EUR
The workshop will take place at 6PM Central European Time (Amsterdam, the Netherlands). If you are not in the Central European timezone, you can check this website to make sure you correctly convert the time to your local timezone.
If you are interested in learning how to paint with watercolors in your free time and you want to share your work and support others, you can also join my Facebook group "Watercolor Workshops with Andraws"
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me!