Time & Location
May 31, 2022, 6:00 PM GMT+2 – Jun 01, 2022, 8:00 PM GMT+2
About the Event
Join my online workshop and I will guide you through the entire painting process so that in the end you will have your own personal piece of watercolor art, ready to frame!
During this English workshop, you will learn watercolor techniques and tricks. I will show you how to paint this illustration step-by-step and, in the end, I will answer all questions you have regarding the painting process. Don’t worry: you can use what you learn here to paint other subjects too!
Good to know:
- The workshop is meant for intermediates, but all levels are welcome
- The video recording will be available a few days after the workshop and you will be able to watch it for one month.
- The workshop will be online via Zoom and you will receive access once you book your ticket.
- You can find the reference image, as well as some other useful materials
- The workshop will be divided into three parts: introduction (learning about materials and basic techniques) ~ 20min, sketching and painting the image ~ 1h30min, and Q&A ~ 10min.
- Watercolor paper (A4 or similar), strongly recommend 100% cotton, cold-pressed or rough texture
- Watercolors: Payne's gray, ultramarine, phthalo turquoise, cobalt blue, cadmium yellow, alizarin crimson, oxide black. You can use these colors or something similar.
- White gouache or white gel pen
- Watercolor round brush size 6/7/8, a large watercolor brush for the background and a small round brush for details (size 0/1/2)
- Water container
- Masking tape
- Mixing palette
- Kneaded eraser
- Printed sketch (you can find it here)
- Optional: Rigid board to tape the paper to, black waterproof liners
Price: 30 EUR
The workshop will take place at 6PM Central European Summer Time (Amsterdam, the Netherlands). If you are not in the Central European timezone, you can check this website to make sure you correctly convert the time to your local timezone.
If you are interested in learning how to paint with watercolors in your free time and you want to share your work and support others, you can also join my Facebook group "Watercolor Workshops with Andraws"
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me!
Underwater - Workshop