Tue, Aug 24|
2 day workshop (24th & 26th of August)
Time & Location
Aug 24, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM GMT+2
About the Event
Welcome to the most comprehensive workshop I have planned so far! During this 2 day workshop, you will learn plenty of useful information regarding both drawing and painting. A correct drawing is the base for any beautiful cityscape illustration. Therefore, on the first day, I am going to teach you how to correctly draw a building in perspective, and on the second day, we are going to paint it in a very loose style, using watercolors.
What you are going to learn:
Day 1 (24th of August, ~2.5h)
- perspective types and when to use them
- contrast and details
- drawing after a reference photo using useful tricks to keep the proportion right
Day 2 (26th of August, ~2h)
- tonal values
- contrast and color
- light and shadow
- color mixing
Good to know:
- The workshop is meant for beginners/intermediate, so people that already have some basic drawing/watercolor knowledge.
- The video recording will be available few days after the workshop and you will be able to watch it for one month.
- The workshop will be online via Zoom and you will receive access once you book your ticket. The link for day 2 will be available after day 1.
- You can check this folder for useful materials. Please make sure you print out the sketch and the reference photo.
- Watercolor paper (A4 size or similar), 300g, 100% cotton, cold pressed
- Printed sketch + reference. You can find them here.
- Mechanical pencil (preferably 0.5 with HB lead).
- Drawing compass
- Triangle and ruler (at least 30cm in length)
- Masking tape
- Bonus: it would be great if you can use a larger flat board ( 60x30 cm) to tape your paper to. If not, make sure you have enough space on your desk (at least 60cm).
- Watercolors - I used these colors: cadmium red, alizarin crimson, cobalt blue, sepia, Indian yellow and Payne's gray. You can use the same colors or something similar.
- White gouache
- Watercolor round brush size 6/7/8, a large one for the first layer (size 14/16 - can be round or flat, preferably natural hair) and a small round brush for details (size 0/1/2)
- Black liners, waterproof
- Mixing palette
- Water container
Price: 60 EUR
A few days after the workshop I will provide the recording that you can watch for 30 days.
The workshop will take place at 6PM Central European Time (Amsterdam, the Netherlands). If you are not in the Central European timezone, you can check this website to make sure you correctly convert the time to your local timezone.
If you are interested in learning how to paint with watercolors in your free time and you want to share your work and support others, you can also join my Facebook group "Watercolor Workshops with Andraws"
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me!
2 day workshop€60.00Tax: VAT included